Samyang post record sales on China's Singles Day
时间:2023-12-10 09:01:26 出处:음악阅读（143）
South Korean food manufacturer Samyang Foods said Thursday it posted new record sales of 13 billion won ($10 million) on this year’s Singles Day, a Chinese shopping festival celebrated every year on Nov. 11.
The figure is a jump of 39 percent from a year ago, beating the previous record high of 11 billion won in 2021.
Of the total earnings, 8 billion won came through e-commerce giants Alibaba and JD, while short-video platforms Douyin -- China’s version of TikTok -- and Kuaishou as well as online group-buying platform Pinduoduo drew the rest of the sales.
Samyang attributed the upbeat sales to its bestselling Buldak Spicy Chicken Ramen series and Chacharoni, its black bean sauce noodle brand.
During the shopping fest, it also introduced a limited-edition Buldak variety of South Korean sweet and spicy marinated fried chicken, or “yangnyeom chicken.” All 2,000 boxes of the new Buldak variety sold out much earlier than expected, the company said.
“While China’s consumption recovery is still underway, we were able to bear a fruitful result this year with the expanded sales channels,” said a Samyang Foods official. “Through our Chinese sales subsidiary in Shanghai, we plan to target the local market in line with the growing live commerce industry.”
- [Today’s K
- ‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
- S. Korea secures 5th consecutive term on UNESCO executive board
- Samsung family pays tribute to late founder
- Samsung SDI renews push for all
- Seoul shares open nearly flat despite US gains
- 'Fuerza Bruta Wayra' returns to Seoul
- 윤희숙 "20여년 억대 연봉 송영길이 돈 없다? 못된 버릇 때문"
- 조응천 "8년간 쓴소리 했는데…요즘은 백태클에 뒤통수 가격"