Seoul shares open higher on US gains
时间:2023-12-10 09:41:19 出处:음악阅读（143）
South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.23 points, or 0.79 percent, to 2,455.47 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
U.S. stocks closed higher as investors bet on big tech, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average advancing 0.93 percent and the Nasdaq Composite rising 1.2 percent.
In Seoul, tech and battery shares led the bullish opening.
Top-cap Samsung Electronics added 0.74 percent and its local rival LG Electronics rose 1.9 percent.
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution climbed 1.05 percent and Posco Future M jumped 3.43 percent.
Leading pharmaceutical firm Samsung Biologics and SK bioscience rose 0.98 percent and 1.06 percent, respectively.
The local currency was trading at 1,349.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 3.95 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- Passengers file complaints over burning smell on Gimpo Goldline
- “이게 KF
- Kia reaches tentative agreement with union
- Industry minister asks refiners to use fair pricing policy amid Israel
- Seoul shares edge down amid US slowdown woes; won sharply down
- BTS Jungkook's star
- 유승민 “안철수·이준석, 초상집서 상주끼리 그만 싸워라”
- Kia management, union reach tentative wage deal to avoid strike
- Korean attorney elected as new ICC judge