[Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
时间:2023-12-10 09:21:47 出处:쇼핑阅读（143）
The National Changgeuk Company of Korea is making a grand return to the stage with one of its most most unconventional repertoires, "Farewell My Concubine.”
Premiered in the spring of 2019 and met with sold-out shows during its fall run, this "changgeuk" is a blend of traditional Korean and Peking operas, brought to life through the collaborative efforts of creative teams from Korea and Taiwan.
Set in the turbulent Spring and Autumn Period in ancient China, "Farewell My Concubine" tells the epic tale of war interwoven with the poignant love story of Gen. Hang Woo (Gen. Xiang Wu) and Woo Hee (Consort Yu).
Changgeuk actors and pansori singers Jeong Bo-gwon and Kim Jun-soo, reprising their roles as Hang Woo and Woo Hee, respectively, are approaching their characters with fresh determination.
- LG Display to cut jobs in cost
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
- Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
- Moon officials tried to cover up North Korea’s murder of South Korean: state inspectors
- S. Korea's Busan making last
- Music industry seeks solution to ticket scalping through public discussion
- Hyundai Elevator, Erbud team up to rebuild Ukraine
- 조응천 "8년간 쓴소리 했는데…요즘은 백태클에 뒤통수 가격"